1) From the main map, zoom into the area you would like to print
2) If desired, change the map layer: Add and Manage Map Sources on gaiagps.com
3) If desired, show or hide tracks, routes, waypoints, or gridlines: Show or Hide Your Saved Data on the Map on gaiagps.com
4) Click the Print icon and follow the steps below to fine-tune the PDF
Fine-Tune the Map Image
- Map Center: Drag and drop the map so that the area you want to print is within the page boundaries
- Zoom: Scroll in and out with the mouse hovering on the print area to adjust the zoom. You can also double click the map to zoom.
- Printing Options:
- Paper size:
- A2 (16.5 x 23.4 in)
- A3 (11.7 x 16.5 in)
- A4 (8.3 x 11.7 in)
- Tabloid (11 x 17 in)
- Legal (8.5 x 14 in)
- Letter (8.5 x 11 in)
- Show Compass: add a compass rose and declination to your map
2) Select "Export PDF" to save the image to your desktop or device.
3) Locate the PDF on your computer and print it. Typically it will be saved to the Downloads folder or the Desktop, but individual settings may vary.