This article will show you how to share your data with others from Gaia GPS for iOS. You can also control whether or not your data is publicly available for other users to find on gaiagps.com.
These instructions will generate a share link for your data on gaiagps.com. You can also share data in GPX or KML format. This is best if the person would like to open it in their Gaia GPS app instead of viewing it online. Learn More about exporting data here.
To share from the Gaia GPS App
Method 1 - Share from the list page
- Go to your saved list and find the item that you want to share
- You can share directly from the list view by tapping the dropdown caret next to the item's name
- It will generate a sharing link and you can choose how you'd like to share. The share link will send the person to the item's page on gaiagps.com.
Note: To share data with others, you will need to enable the option to sync with gaiagps.com.
Method 2 - Share from the detail page
- From the saved list, tap on the item to open its detail page
- From here, tap the person icon
- This page is where you can control who can view your data on gaiagps.com
- Choosing 'Only People With Link' will allow only people who you've shared the link with to view your track.
- 'Public on gaiagps.com' will allow other users to search and find your data on the website
- To share from here, tap 'Share Link' or tap the share icon in the upper right.