Layered Maps are created by viewing more than one map source at a time.
Map Layering is a Premium Feature. Read about Premium here.
Layering Maps is best used with map overlay or partial maps, such as Contours, USFS Maps, or elevation shading.
Select several map sources for download at one time to combine while offline. Downloading multiple layers at once simplifies the download process even if you don't plan to layer the maps together.
To activate Map Layering
You can turn map layering functionality on/off from the Premium Options section of the Map Overlay menu:
1. Open the Layers Menu and tap Map Overlay
2. Toggle ON Layered Maps
To Layer Maps
1. Open the Layers Menu
2. Next, tap or drag a map source(s) up to "Active" to layer with your base map.
The Base Map will be set to 100% opacity and any additional layers can have their opacity adjusted. The maximum amount of base map layers is 5. There is no limit for overlays.
3. Drag the toggles underneath the map layers to adjust their transparency.
Now you can see your custom layered maps and download them for offline use.
- Open the Layers menu
- Move the layer to Inactive
- Tap + Add map layers
- Navigate to the map source you'd like to remove
- Tap the name of the map
- Tap the red "(x) Remove" button.