This article will show you how to download maps to use while offline and out of cell service, view and delete downloads, and check the progress of a map download.
2. Navigate to the area you would like to download by:
- Panning the map
- Search Points of interests or trails by tapping the Search icon
- Search using coordinates.
3. Tap the Create icon.
4. Tap Download Maps (Note: This menu option will be greyed out while offline)
5. Tap and drag the dots at the corners of the highlighted rectangle to cover the area to be downloaded
6. Use the Max Zoom slide bar to adjust the detail level for the map download.
- Higher zoom = more detail
- Increasing the zoom level also increase the file size
7. Tap "Save"
8. Add a name for your saved map or keep the auto-generated name
View and Delete Map Downloads
After the download is complete, you can view your map within the "Saved" menu.
1. Tap "Saved" in the bottom control bar
2. Tap on the Filter icon
3. Select Maps from the list of filters
4. Tap a map download to open the details screen
5. Tap the three dots
- Select 'Show on Main Map' to center your map download on the Main Map screen
- Select Delete to delete the download
The spinner will be displayed when a download is currently in progress.
- Tap on the spinner to view the download details screen.
- Gaia GPS must be running in order for downloads to complete. If you close Gaia GPS beforehand, you can Resume or Delete from the Saved Maps screen.
Downloading Multiple Maps
When you download new maps, already saved areas will display as colored boxes.
- The Red box with blue corner dots indicates the region you're currently downloading.