This article will show you how to take a new picture, or add one to an existing track or route.
Take a New Photo
1. To take a picture at any time, tap the + icon in the top menu and select 'Take Picture'. With this option, a waypoint will also be created for the picture to be attached to at your exact GPS location.
2. To take a picture while recording a track, tap the camera icon that appears next to the track timer. This will also take a picture at your current location, and the image will be tied directly to your track.
3. You can also take a picture from the Trip Screen
- Tap Trip in the bottom menu bar
- Tap the Camera icon on the next page
Add a photo to an existing track
1. You can also add a new photo to an existing track, route, or waypoint. To do that:
- Navigate to your saved menu and open the details for your track, route or waypoint
- Tap the camera icon on the Preview picture
- Select either 'Take Picture' or 'Choose Saved Photo'. Choosing a saved photo will allow you to add a photo saved to your phone's Photo app
2. You can also choose to automatically save new pictures taken in Gaia GPS to your device's Photo Library. To do that:
- From the Main Map screen, tap the Settings button
- In the Settings Menu, tap 'Other'
- On the next page, toggle 'Save to Photo Library' to the On position