Unlock Gaia GPS's potential with a yearly Gaia GPS Membership or Premium Membership. Learn about the added features and maps that come with each membership level to take with you on your next adventure.
Using Gaia GPS for Free
You can use Gaia GPS for free to navigate and explore different areas. With a free download, you can drop waypoints, plan routes, record tracks and follow your current location.
You are limited to the default map source (Gaia Topo), and you cannot download maps to use when offline and out of service.
Free features are any capabilities that are not mentioned in the Membership or Premium Membership sections below. These include (but are not limited to):
- route planning
- marking waypoints
- recording your trip
- using GPS
- taking pictures
- backing up your tracks to gaiagps.com
- sharing tracks with friends
As a Gaia GPS Member, you can:
- Access an extensive map catalog of over 50 base maps that spans worldwide topo, road, and satellite maps.
- Download maps for offline use (note that downloading layered maps requires a Premium Membership)
- Print maps from gaiagps.com
As a Premium Member you'll get all Member and Free level benefits, plus:
- Unlock the full Gaia GPS maps catalog, with over 250 maps and overlays:
- NatGeo Trails Illustrated
- Backroad Mapbooks Canada
- ESRI World Imagery
- France IGN
- NeoTreks US Topo
- US Hunting Maps (GMUs, private land, public land, others)
- Use and download layered maps. Apply overlays to any map, such as hill-shading, contour lines, slope angle, and more.
Get a Discount When Your Purchase via gaiagps.com
When you purchase via gaiagps.com (instead of in the app), you can get a discount.
Note: A Legacy Membership has all the features of a Membership, but does not include:
- Ability to print maps on gaiagps.com
- Ability to use MapBox (Satellite, Outdoor, or Streets) maps